Thursday 25 September 2014

Traveler

Listen to the Earth. Listen to the birds and the wind.
Listen to the rhythm of your heartbeat.
Do you hear a lone chasm floating up from the ancient soil?

Oft we are so caught up in feeding our bodies, we forget to feed our souls. Therein lies our greatest woe, for that is when we cease to live, and begin to merely exist.


Tonight, I stand bare in the rain. 

I let it beckon me from the beating on my window pane.
I feel the whispers of the Earth,
And I realize once more the soil from which I was birthed.

The drops wash me anew,

Recreating the vessel Earth carved me into.

I fall to my knees in reverence, feeling the Earth feeding my soul.


I begin to hear once more.

I hear the wisdom of the Earth, travelling up past the soil, through the quivering air, floating into my ears like wavering notes.
If I turn off the shouting chaos, I can hear once more.

If I close my eyes to the ignorance, I can see the face of my God.

Clear as day - it's as deep as the night sky.
It's on the pinnacle of my fingertips, it spans across all space and time.

What has become my past, remains in my future,

But in that instant - has manifested itself into my present,
Engulfing me into waves of passion.
In which I come to life again, breathing, seeing, hearing.

I am a traveler on a path to find, then lose, only to find and lose once more.


What is it that I find and lose? That I do not yet know.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reading this emerged a melody in me, it goes sumn like this:


    I'm leaving a note
    believe in my soul
    so much and more
    I need to explore

    This world is my home
    my girl is alone
    I'm leaving a note
    believe in my soul


    . vagabond

    ReplyDelete