Thursday 7 February 2013

Terrorist.

Because even though I'm not a Muslim, I feel so strongly about this issue. I am a human, and discrimination affects us all. 


I shortened Osama to Sam, because people called me Osama-bin-Laden. 
I stopped wearing my hijab, because people stared like I'd committed a sin.  
I shortened Mohammed to Moe, because people called me a terrorist. 
I was shunned and scorned, they called me jihadi, an Islamic extremist. 
I get called Terrorist, like it's a nationality. 
Because stereotypes, well, they're people's mentality. 
Pakistan, Saudi, Iran, Afghanistan,
They all became "Terrosistan." 
If they hear me speaking in Arabic or Urdu, 
That automatically translates to, "You must be a terrorist, too."
To the world, the word Muslim means terrorist and Islam means jihad, 
We're all terrorists if we come from places like Baghdad or Islamabad. 
Muslims are always linked to Lashkar-e-Taiba and associated with Al-Qaeda, 
The world forgets the peaceful Islam, of Allah, and holy Mecca and Madina. 
You say the Qu'ran tells us to kill all Americans and wage wars on His behalf, 
But our Qu'an teaches us how to prosper and thrive, to live, love and laugh. 
The world is infected with a disease called prejudice, they all have Islamophobia,
We are the victims of unjust, no, she is not hiding a bomb in her abayah. 
You see Muslims aren't terrorists and terrorists aren't Muslim, 
But no one believes that so I changed my name from Tariq to Tim. 
I change my name, take off my belief and hope no one will see, 
Because I'm a just a Muslim, not a terrorist, but they don't believe me. 

1 comment:

  1. This is really good Aneri. Don't stop writing :)msA

    ReplyDelete